Aphogee Two-Step Protein Treatment 16 fl. oz
This product is currently sold out.
ApHogee Two-Step Protein Treatment has been used by salons for years as a service which provides more effective and longer lasting results than any single step treatment or intensive conditioner. This unique treatment is formulated with activated proteins and magnesium which fuse into the hair with the application of heat. Hair breakages is drastically reduced for 4-6 weeks following use.
During the process, ApHogee treatment hardens into the hair, dramatic evidence that something special is occurring. For best results a hooded dryer is required. After rinsing and moisturizing with ApHogee Balancing Moisturizer, clients are astounded with the results. ApHogee Two-Step Protein Treatment can help improve other salon services as well and is highly recommended for hair that:
- Is too weak or fine to take a perm, bleach, straightener or relaxer. (use the week PRIOR to service)
- Is over-bleached.
- Will not hold color. (use PRIOR to color application for 30% less fade after 10 shampoos and truer shades)
- Breaks when combed or brushed.
- Is mushy when wet and brittle after drying.
- Has lost itâ€™s curl pattern due to chemical over processing *
Shake well before use! Keep out of eyes. If product gets into the eyes, rinse thoroughly with clean water. (The pH of ApHogee Two-Step Protein Treatment is about that of lemon juice and it will cause similar eye irritation).
- Gently cleanse hair with ApHogee Shampoo for Damaged Hair. Rinse thoroughly and towel blot dry.
- Apply enough ApHogee Two-Step Protein Treatment to thoroughly saturate hair and comb blend for even distribution.
- Leave hair uncovered, DO NOT use a plastic cap. Seat client under medium heat dryer. (Alternatively, a hand dryer may be used, but hair SHOULD NOT be agitated while drying.) NOTE: When ApHogee Two-Step Protein Treatment is dried into the hair, the hair becomes extremely hard. DO NOT comb or brush hair while ApHogee Two-Step ProteinTreatment is dried and in the hair.
- Re-wet and gently rinse thoroughly with warm water. Repeat.
- Apply ApHogee Balancing Moisturizer to hair and scalp. Leave in for 2 minutes, then rinse thoroughly.
- Proceed to next service or style as usual.
BLEACHING & LIFTING COLOR
Wash hair with ApHogee Shampoo for Damaged Hair, rinse and towel blot dry. Bleach or lift tint in usual way and rinse. Follow general directions for applying ApHogee Two-Step Protein Treatment.
To provide a better matrix to retain color and reduce color fade on porous hair by 30% after 10 shampoos, ApHogeeTreatment may be applied the week before applying hair color.
Alternatively, it may be used in color application, as follows:
Wash hair with ApHogee Shampoo for Damaged Hair, rinse and towel blot dry. Follow general directions for applying ApHogee Two-Step protein Treatment. After rinsing, towel dry & apply depositing tint in usual way. Place a plastic cap over hair and check every 2-1â„2 mins. A warm dryer may be used. When tinting is complete, shampoo thoroughly from hair. Apply ApHogee Balancing Moisturizer to help restore natural moisture balance to hair. Rinse and proceed with next service or style as usual.
RELAXING & STRAIGHTENING
Do not use ApHogee Two-Step Protein Treatment within 24 Hours of Relaxer application. ApHogee is acidic and the hair and scalp should be allowed this time to equilibrate between the highly alkaline Relaxer pH and Two-Step Treatment
Before Relaxer: If analysis indicates the hair is overly weak and in-elastic, prior to the relaxer service, we recommend an ApHogee Treatment at least one day prior to the service and re-evaluation prior to relaxing.
Following Relaxer: If a relaxer service results in damage and breakage, wait 24 hours before application. If the service resulted in any scalp blistering or breaks in the skin, treat as called for and postpone the ApHogee service until healing is complete. (This is to avoid stinging)
Process perm as directed. When curl pattern is set and rinsing complete, towel blot hair on each rod. Apply ApHogee Two-Step Protein Treatment to each rod and dry under warm dryer. DO NOT use a plastic cap! Apply neutralizer and leave on hair for manufacturerâ€™s suggested length of time. Remove rods without stretching hair and gently massage the neutralizer into hair and scalp. Rinse thoroughly. Apply ApHogee Balancing Moisturizer to restore shine & luster to hair. Rinse and style as usual.
NATURAL CURL RESTORATION SPECIAL DIRECTIONS
In cases where chemical processing or heat have relaxed the curl pattern on all or part of the head, some or most of the curl may be restored using a modified Two Step Treatment application, depending on the amount of damage to the hairâ€™s structure.
Hair Care: Sectional Curl Relaxation
Naturally curly hair begins to show evidence of uneven curl pattern, making cutting and styling more difficult.
There are several possible causes of this condition.
- Hair may not naturally have the same curl pattern around the entire scalp.
- Damage from chemical processing may be heavier over some areas of the head than others. This may be due to uneven application of product, varying textures of hair or varying processing times across the head.
- Uneven damage from heat appliances. This might occur, for example in a right handed person blow drying or styling more heavily on the right side of their head.
Using the ApHogee Two-Step Protein Treatment for Curl Restoration
- Start with clean, dry hair. Wrap a towel over shoulders.
- Apply Step-One of the Hair Strengthening Kit by â€œscrunchingâ€ through the hair until completely saturated. DO NOT COMB THROUGH HAIR. Even coverage throughout the hair is important! Be sure to protect eyes. If product gets into eyes, follow directions on box for rinsing.
- Allow product to dry into hair till hardened, then rinse thoroughly but gently. Repeat with warm, then cooler water.
- Apply Balancing Moisturizer, â€œscrunchâ€ through the hair to distribute and keep on 3 minutes.
DO NOT COMB THROUGH HAIR.
- Rinse gently first with warm, than cooler water.
- Dry using a diffuser and style as usual.