Improving the Condition of Your Scalp
Healthy begins at the scalp, and the scalp is extremely vital to hair growth, moisture and many of the hair goals we strive for. Many times we can be focused on the products that help our hair to look the way we desire, but it can be easy to neglect the scalp that houses the very follicles we are trying to nourish.
Think of your scalp as an extension of your face and treat it with the same delicacy you would your face! Follow these tips below to help improve the overall health of your scalp:
- Improve your nutrition by consuming lots of water and foods high in antioxidants, protein and nutrients such as spinach, blueberries, fish and daily vitamins.
- Don't overwash your hair. Your scalp needs the natural oil produced at your scalp to moisturize your hair. Sulfates and harsh chemicals strip the scalp of too much of this oil, leaving it dry.
- With that being said, you need to make sure to wash your scalp enough. Using a clarifying shampoo like the Taliah Waajid Stimulating Herbal Cleanser in place of your moisturizing shampoo every 30 to 60 days is a good practice for ensuring your scalp is properly cleansed of buildup that can clog your pores and lead to dryness.
- Deep condition regularly. Deep conditioning infuses the hair and scalp with emollients, water and other nutrients that help the body rebuild and maintain healthy hair. Use hydrating deep conditioners like the TGIN Honey Miracle Mask to infuse these ingredients into the hair.
- Increase blood flow stimulation to your scalp through things like exercise and products that contain blood flow stimulating ingredients. Blood flow brings things like oxygen and nutrients to your scalp that helps aid in growth, cell repair and more.
- Protect your scalp. Avoid harsh scratching or itching of your scalp, and try to reduce tension at your scalp caused by tight ponytails, tangled strands or tight protective styles.
Improving scalp health can be a journey and may not happen overnight, and we're here to help you achieve that! Book a consultation with us or reach out to us via our chat to see how we can help you improve the overall condition of your scalp.